In light of last month being recognized as Workplace Eye Wellness Month, our agency thinks it is important to go over a few eye safety tips with all the business owners out there. If you have employees who are faced with hazards and risks day in and day out, we are talking to you!
For the most part, blue-collar fields are the ones who will benefit from these tips. To protect your employees from eye injuries and accidents, it is important to:
• Provide the proper eyewear to each one of your employees (who are in need of protection.)
• Make sure the eye gear that you provide is up to par with standards, quality and of course, fits your employees properly!
• Minimize hazards in the workplace by assessing each area.
• Provide an eyewash station for all employees to use if need be. It should be located in a central area.
• Train incoming employees and remind current employees on a yearly basis. Eye safety seminars and courses may benefit your business in the long run.
• Provide vision coverage in order to encourage employees to keep up with their eye health.
• Keep eyewear clean and in good condition. If you notice goggles or glasses that are cracked or damaged, replace them immediately!
Remember to pass these tips along to managers, too. The more awareness at your place of business, the better results in the long run.
Of course, the fewer accidents and injuries will also lead to a lower number of workers compensation claims. This is a great thing for business owners – it could ultimately lead to a lower premium! Speak with our agents for more information.