The feeling of leaving your everyday busy life and finally taking that vacation you need is indescribable. The problem is many people tend to let their guard down even when traveling with very valuable, personal documents.
Here are some ways you can protect your identity and your important documents when traveling this summer!
- Let your bank and credit card issuers know that you are leaving, giving them specific dates, specific locations, and a phone number so you can be contacted so they can let you know about any possible suspicious activity.
- Make photocopies of important documents such as passports, drivers license, and credit cards just in case it is lost with luggage or if you misplace it.
- Protect your electronics by having a password as well as installing a GPS tracking app just in case that is lost or stolen as well.
- While staying at a hotel, never leave important documents or private information out. Use the hotel safe!
- Bring traveler checks or cash when dining out or buying items because using your credit card puts you at a higher risk of thieves stealing your information.
- If you do go to an ATM however, be sure to go to a banks ATM because they offer more security than stand-alone machines.