A lawyer’s responsibilities on a day to day basis involve keeping clients happy and looking out for their best interests, but must also consider what is ethical or not. Here are some quick ethical tips lawyers and attorneys should always think about in regards to their clients.
- Recognize that conflict waivers don’t last forever.
- Make sure your non-lawyer employees are not practicing law.
- Don’t neglect trust accounting.
- Keep your opinions off-line!
- Vet all expert witnesses.
What are one or two tips you always have to remind yourself of?
By: Dan McKenna, JD, RPLU